AATS Focus on Thoracic Surgery: Mastering Surgical Innovation 2017
SAVE THE DATE
Encore at Wynn Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
G. Alexander Patterson
David J. Sugarbaker
Traves D. Crabtree
Thomas A. D'Amico
James D. Luketich
Bryan F. Meyers
Scott J. Swanson
The most elite experts in the field will be presenting the latest information on new and emerging technologies for thoracic surgical diseases at the AATS Focus on Thoracic Surgery: Mastering Surgical Innovation 2017 on October 27-28. The two-day meeting in Las Vegas provides surgeons with an opportunity to learn the latest advances in diagnostic and therapeutic techniques, minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgeries. Concentrating on two major areas that are undergoing dynamic changes due to technological advances -- benign and malignant esophageal disease, and lung cancer and related diseases -- the sessions will not only give attendees insight into the latest innovations but also includes an interactive format that will enable them to incorporate these technologies into their own practices, and information on how surgical innovation can impact patient outcomes and excellence in patient care.
Topics that will be discussed:
- The minimally invasive approach to esophageal reflux and other benign disorders.
- The treatment of early stage esophageal cancer with noninvasive and non-surgical methods compared to current open techniques.
- The evaluation of minimally invasive esophagectomy versus more minimally invasive techniques such as robotic esophagectomy.
- The treatment of lung cancer and other related diseases using the techniques of robotic surgery for both diagnosis and therapy.
- Traditionally minimally invasive techniques compared with even more minimally invasive techniques.
- A variety of diagnostic techniques that incorporate emerging technologies.
- Other areas of thoracic disease including mediastinal and chest wall turmors.