Requirements for Membership
- 3 Sponsors who are currently Active/Senior/Honorary members of the Association but not on the Membership Committee.
- Bibliography with evidence of significant contributions to thoracic surgical literature in national peer reviewed English language journals.
- Prior Experience
3 years minimum in Thoracic Surgery practice post training
Desired Qualifications for Favorable Consideration of Membership
- Certification in Thoracic Surgery by either the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of Canada, or other national certifying organization.
- Professional Conduct - evidence of scientific originality and demonstration of careful, honest reporting and accurate scientific analysis of data. (Discretion in relationships with peers, patients, and the public is a requirement).
- Clinical Performance - knowledgeable, technically proficient and respected for patient care. A minimum of 2 years in current practice location at the time of application is no longer required.
- Professional Stature - evidence of leadership or innovation in cardiothoracic surgery, proficiency in teaching, awards to document outstanding achievements.