The Jack A. Roth Fellowship
in Thoracic Surgical Oncology
An "Honoring Our Mentors" Fellowship Program
The AATS Graham Foundation Jack A. Roth Fellowship in Thoracic Surgical Oncology provides a unique opportunity for thoracic oncologic surgeons who have recently completed their training. The training program is designed as a 4-6 week observational Fellowship and will involve full integration into all clinical and academic programs of the Department of Thoracic Surgery at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Fellowship is funded and administered by the AATS Graham Foundation and provides awards for up to two recipients each year to defray travel and living expenses. Additionally, recipients will be strongly encouraged to attend the 2018 AATS Annual Meeting in San Diego; those who attend will receive complimentary registration at the Skills and Post Graduate courses on Saturday and Sunday.
To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration:
- The candidate must have completed formal training in Thoracic Surgery and have sub- specialized in thoracic surgical oncology.
- Candidates from all training programs worldwide are welcome to apply.
- All candidates must be fluent in English.
The deadline to submit an application for the Fellowship is December 1, 2017. In addition to a formal online application, candidates will also be required to upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of support from his/her current attending surgeon or future department chair/division chief.
- One to two page narrative to include: (1) what they hope to accomplish during their observational fellowship at the host institution; (2) how they will utilize the skills they have observed and will implement at their home institution; (3) relationship of the planned study to the applicant’s prior experience, preparation and professional goals; and, (4) statement of future career goals.
Review Process/ Award Funding
AATS Graham Foundation’s Fellowship Review Committee will review all applications and notify candidates of its final decision within 45 days of the application deadline. Applications will be graded on all aspects of the award criteria. Top candidates will be required to participate in a Skype interview with the Review Committee.
One international fellow per year will be awarded $15,000 or two North American fellows per year will be awarded $7,500 each to defray travel and living expenses incurred during the fellowship.
Application Deadline: December 1